- It is illegal to play dominoes on Sunday.
- It is illegal to wear a fake moustache that causes laughter in church.
- Bear wrestling matches are prohibited.
- Putting salt on a railroad track may be punishable by death.
- Men may not spit in front of the opposite sex.
- Masks may not be worn in public.
- One must have windshield wipers on one's car.
- Solitaire may not be played on Sundays.
- In Aniston one can't wear blue jean's down Noble Street.
- Huskies are not allowed in school buildings.
- No child may build a snowman taller than himself on school property.
- In Fairbanks it's illegal to feed alcoholic beverages to a moose.
- Any misdemeanor committed while wearing a red mask is considered a felony.
- It's unlawful to refuse a person a glass of water.
- In Glendale it's illegal to drive a car in reverse.
- In Globe it's illegal to play cards in the street with a Native American.
- In Hayden it's illegal to disturb bullfrogs or cottontail rabbits with in the city limits.
- In Nogales one can't wear suspenders.
- In Tucson women can't wear pants.
- A man can beat his wife only once per month.
- In Little Rock dogs can't bark after 6pm.
- In Little Rock if a man and woman flirt with each other on the streets they could be jailed for 30 days.
- It is a misdemeanor to shoot at any kind of game from a moving vehicle, unless the target is a whale.
- It is illegal to set a mousetrap without a hunting license.
- Animals are banned from mating publicly within 1,500 feet from a tavern, school or place of worship.
- Woman can't drive while wearing a housecoat.
- Bathhouses are illegal.
- It's illegal to eat an orange while in the bathtub.
- It's illegal to prevent children from playfully jumping over puddles of water.
- In Blyth a person must own two cows before she/he is permitted to wear cowboy boots in public.
- In Pacific Grove, "molesting" butterflies can result in a $500 fine.
- In Pasadena it's illegal for a secretary to be alone in a room with her boss.
- In Long Beach its illegal to curse on a mini-golf course.
- In Los Angeles it's illegal to cry on a witness stand in any state court.
- In Los Angeles it's also illegal to bathe two babies in the same tub at the same time.
- In Oakland it's illegal to rob a birds nest that's in a public cemetery.
- In San Francisco it's illegal to beat a rug in front of your house.
- In Denver it's illegal to mistreat rats.
- In Denver it's also against the law to loan your next door neighbor your vacuum.
- In Logan County, it is illegal for a man to kiss a woman while she is asleep.
- In Pueblo, it is illegal to let a dandelion grow within city limits.
- In Sterling a loose a pet cat must have a tail light.
- It's illegal to dispose of used razorblades.
- Any one caught biking (riding a bicycle) over 65mph will be ticketed.
- In Devon it's against the law to walk backwards after sunset.
- In Hartford it's illegal to educate a dog.
- In Hartford a man can't kiss his wife on Sundays.
- "R" rated movies can't be shown in drive in theaters.
- Getting married on a dare is grounds for an annulment.
- On Fenwick Island it's illegal to lie down on a beach at night.
- In Lewes it's illegal to wear pants that are "form fitting" around the waist.
- In Rehoboth one may not whisper in church.
- In Rehoboth changing into or out of a swimsuit in a public restroom is prohibited.
- In South Bethany anyone walking a dog must carry a bag with them to pick up the dogs "poops" or risk a $100 fine.
- Women can be fined for falling asleep under a hairdryer as can the salon owner.
- It's illegal for a single, divorced, or widowed woman to Parachute on Sunday afternoons.
- It's illegal to sing in a public place while attired in a swimsuit.
- Walking with in 150ft zone between the street and a beach while topless is prohibited.
- It's considered an offense to shower naked.
- It's illegal to skateboard without a license.
- It's against the law to put livestock on a school bus.
- It's illegal for a barber to advertise his prices.
- It's illegal to tie a giraffe to a telephone pole.
- It's illegal to change the cloths on a store storefront mannequin unless the shades are drawn.
- In Columbus it's illegal to sit on your porch in an indecent position.
- In Jonesboro it's illegal to say "Hobo".
- In Quitman it's illegal for chickens to cross the road.
- It's illegal to appear in public wearing only swimming trunks.
- It's illegal to put pennies in your ear.
- All residents may be fined for not owning a boat.
- It's illegal to look unhappy.
- Boxes of candy given as romantic gifts must weigh over 50lbs.
- In Idaho falls it's illegal for anyone over 88 to ride a motorcycle.
- In Tamarack it's illegal to purchase onions after dark except with a special permit from the sheriff.
- You may be arrested for vagrancy if you do not have at least a one dollar bill on your person.
- In the city of Chicago, a hat pin is considered a concealed weapon, this law still applies to us today. Now it's part of the same law that makes it illegal for people to carry switchblades.
- In Chicago it's illegal to take a French poodle to the opera.
- In Joliet it's illegal for one to mispronounce the city's name.
- In Zion it's illegal to teach pets to smoke cigars.
- It's illegal to bathe in the winter time.
- Liquor stores can't sell milk or cold soft drinks.
- In Elkhart it's illegal for a barber to threaten to cut a child's ears off.
- In Gary one can't attend a public theater or ride on public transport within 4 hrs of eating an onion or garlic.
- A man with a moustache can't kiss a woman in public.
- Kisses can't last for more than 5 minutes
- In Dubuque any hotel within the city limits must have a water bucket and a hitching post in front of the building.
- In Mount Vernon no one can pick a flower from a city park.
- In Mount Vernon all softball diamond lights must be turned off at 10:30 pm.
- Within Ottumwa city limits a man can't wink to any woman he doesn't know.
- It's illegal for restaurants to sell cherry pie ā la mode on Sundays.
- In Wichita it's illegal to carry a concealed bean snapper.
- In Wichita a husbands mistreatment of his mother-in-law, can't be used as grounds for a divorce.
- It's illegal to remarry the same man four times.
- In Owensboro a woman can't buy a hat without her husband's permission.
- One may either be fined 5thousand dollars, or sentenced to up to one year in prison for running an abortion advertisement.
- It's against the law to gargle in public.
- It's illegal to wear an alligator costume.
- Catching lizards at night is prohibited.
- In New Orleans's it's illegal for a woman to drive unless her husband is in front of the car waving a flag.
- In Sulphur it's illegal to be an alcoholic.
- The most money one can legally win gambling is three dollars.
- After Jan 14th a person can be fined for having Christmas decorations still up.
- In Portland, it is illegal for men to tickle women under the chin with feather dusters.
- It's also illegal to have untied shoe laces while walking down a street in Portland.
- In Waterville it's illegal for one to blow ones nose in public.
- It's Illegal to mistreat oysters.
- In Baltimore it's illegal to scrub or wash sinks no matter how dirty they get.
- In Halethorpe it's illegal to kiss another person for more than 1 second.
- Mourners at a wake can't eat more than 3 sandwiches.
- Snoring is illegal unless all bedroom windows are shut and securely locked.
- It's illegal to wear a goatee with out a license.
- Hunting on Sundays is prohibited.
- It's illegal to go to bed without first having a full bath.
- It's illegal to have a water gun fight/duel.
- In Boston two people may not kiss in front of a church.
- In Boston one can't eat peanuts while in church.
- In Boston a citizen may not own more than 3 dogs.
- In Marlboro a citizen can't own more than 2 dogs.
- In Salem even a married couple can't sleep together in the nude in rented rooms.
- A state law stipulates that a woman's hair legally belongs to her husband.
- One can't swear in front of women or children.
- Under state law dentists are officially classified as "mechanics".
- In Detroit, it is illegal to make love in a car unless it is parked on your property.
- It's against the law to serenade your girlfriend in Kalamazoo.
- It's illegal to sleep naked.
- All men riding motorcycles must wear shirts.
- Every man in Brainerd is required by law to grow a beard.
- In International Falls dogs can't chase cats up a telegraph pole, owners can be finned.
- In Minneapolis, double-parkers can be put on a chain gang.
- In St. Cloud hamburgers can't be eaten on Sundays.
- Cattle rustling is punishable by hanging.
- In Oxford one may not spit on the sidewalks on the square.
- In Oxford Motor vehicles on the square are prohibited.
- In Truro it is still legal to kill one's "servant."
- A man must have a permit to shave.
- In Excelsior Springs it's illegal to make a squirrel worry.
- In Kansas city instillation of a four legged bathtub with toes that resemble those of an animal is prohibited.
- In Marquette it's illegal for more than 4 unrelated persons to occupy the same living space.
- In University City it's illegal for a person to have a yard sale in your "front yard". It's also illegal to have more than 2 yard sales a year.
- It's a felony for a wife to open her husbands mail.
- In Billings one can't raise pet rats.
- In Excelsior Springs one can't throw a ball within city limits.
- In Helena no item can be thrown across a street.
- In Helena a woman's cloths must weigh more than 3lb 2oz before she can legally dance on a saloon table.
- In Whitehall it's illegal to operate a vehicle with ice picks attached to it's wheels.
- It is illegal for a mother to give her daughter a perm without a state license.
- It is illegal for bar owners to sell beer unless they are simultaneously brewing a kettle of soup.
- In Omaha, barbers are forbidden from shaving their customers' chests.
- If a child burps during a church service in Omaha, his or her parents may be arrested.
- In Waterloo, barbers are forbidden from eating onions between 7am and 7pm.
- It is illegal to drive a camel on the highway.
- In Eureka, men who wear moustaches are forbidden from kissing women.
- Every one walking the streets of Elko is required to wear a mask.
- In Las Vegas it's illegal to pawn ones dentures.
- In Nyala, a man is forbidden from buying drinks for more than three people other than himself at any one period during the day.
- It's against the law to collect seaweed or rockweed from the seashore that is below the high watermark.
- It's illegal to sell the clothes of one's back to pay off a gambling dept.
- It's illegal to dye margarine pink.
- It is against the law to "frown" at a police officer.
- It is illegal to slurp soup.
- In Dumont it's illegal to spit on the sidewalks on Sundays.
- In Newark, it is illegal to sell ice cream after 6pm, unless the customer has a note from his doctor.
- In Trenton, it is illegal to throw a bad pickle in the street.
- In Carrizozo it's forbidden for a female to appear unshaven in public.
- In Deming one can't spit on the steps of the opera house.
- In Las Cruces one can't carry a lunch box down Main Street.
- It's against the law to throw a ball at a person's head just for fun.
- A license must be obtained for hanging cloths on a clothesline.
- In Walden you can't give someone a drink of water with out a permit.
- In NYC a woman is permitted to go topless in public provided it's not being used as a business. They can also ride the subway topless (since it's okay for the men to do it too).
- In NYC it's illegal to smoke with in 100 ft of a public building.
- It's illegal for a bingo game to last longer than 5 hrs (unless this game is being played at a fair).
- In Asheville it's illegal to sneeze within city limits.
- In Charlotte women must have their bodies covered by at least 16 yards of cloth at all times.
- It is illegal to lie down and fall asleep with your shoes on.
- It is illegal to serve beer and pretzels at the same time in any bar, club, or restaurant
- It's illegal to fish for whales on Sundays.
- In Cleveland it's illegal to operate a motor vehicle while sitting in someone's lap.
- In Cleveland it's also illegal for women to were patented leather shoes.
- In Oxford it's illegal for a woman to strip off her clothing while in front of a picture of a man.
- Dogs must have a permit signed by the mayor in order to congregate in groups of three or more on private property.
- Oklahoma will not tolerate anyone taking a bite out of another's hamburger.
- People who make "ugly faces" at dogs may be fined and/or jailed.
- Women can't do their own hair with out being licensed by the state.
- Cars must be tethered outside of public buildings.
- In Schulter it's illegal for a woman that's either wearing only lingered or a towel or who's totally nude to gamble.
- Dishes must drip dry.
- Ice Cream can't be eaten on Sundays.
- It's illegal to buy or sell marijuana, yet it's legal to smoke it on your own property.
- It's illegal to be seen in public with the number 69 on any of ones clothing.
- In Beaverton you must buy a $10 permit to install a burglar alarm.
- In Eugene it's illegal to show movies or attend a car race on Saturdays.
- In Hood River juggling without a license is prohibited.
- In Stanfield no more than two people can share a single drink.
- In Stanfield cloth towel dispensers are banned from restrooms.
- In Willowdale no man may curse while having sex with his wife.
- A person who has participated in a duel is no longer eligible to become a Governor.
- A minister is prohibited from performing a marriage if either the bride or groom is drunk.
- Men can't purchase alcohol without written consent of their wives.
- In Morrisville women need a permit to wear cosmetics.
- In Philadelphia you can't put pretzels in bags.
- When passing a car on the left you are required to make a loud noise.
- It's illegal to throw pickle juice on a trolley.
- In Newport, it's illegal to smoke a pipe after sunset.
- In Providence it's against the law to jump off a bridge.
- Musical Instruments may not be sold on Sundays.
- A person must be 18 yrs old to operate a pinball machine.
- It's illegal to fall asleep in a cheese factory.
- Movies that show police officers being struck, beaten, or treated in an offensive manor are forbidden.
- In Sioux Falls hotels are expected to have twin beds in every room which have to be at least 2ft apart. A couple can't make love on the floor between the two beds.
- It's illegal to transport a skunk across state lines (unless it's to be used at a zoo).
- It is illegal to use a lasso to catch a fish.
- In Dyersburg, it is illegal for a woman to call a man for a date.
- In Memphis it's illegal to give any pie to a fellow dinner, it's illegal to take any unfinished pie out of a restaurant.
- It's illegal to shoot a buffalo from the second story of a hotel.
- You can't go bare foot without getting a special $5 permit.
- It's illegal to sell ones own eye.
- It is illegal to milk another person's cow.
- In Houston, it is illegal to sell Limburger cheese on Sunday.
- In LeFors, it is illegal to take more than three swallows of beer while standing.
- In Mesquite it's illegal for children to have "unusual" haircuts.
- A husband is responsible for every criminal act committed by his wife while she is in his presence.
- Birds have the right of way on highways.
- In Monroe, daylight must be visible between partners on a dance floor.
- A woman must obtain written permission from their husband to wear false teeth.
- In Rutland it's illegal to allow ones car to backfire.
- An unmarried person can not have sex, this crime is punishable as a class 4 misdemeanor.
- Driving with out wearing shoes is prohibited.
- It's illegal to tickle women.
- In Lebanon it's illegal to kick your wife out of bed.
- In Norfolk a man may face up to 60 days in jail for patting a woman's derriere (bottom).
- Also in Norfolk spitting on a seagull is not tolerated.
- In Richmond it's illegal to flip a coin at any eating establishment to see who pays for coffee.
- In Victoria it's illegal to skate down the sidewalk of Maine Street.
- In Virginia Beach it's illegal to ride on the handlebars of a bicycle.
- All lollipops are banned.
- It's illegal to buy any meat product on Sunday.
- One can't buy a mattress on a Sunday.
- In Bremerton one can't shuck peanuts on the street.
- In Lynden dancing and drinking may not occur at the same establishment.
- In Spokane televisions can't be bought on Sundays.
- It is illegal to snooze on a train.
- If you wear a hat inside a theater you can be fined.
- Road kill can be taken home for dinner.
- In Nicholas County, no clergy members may tell jokes or humorous stories from the pulpit during church services.
- It is illegal to cut a woman's hair.
- It is illegal to kiss on a train.
- Unless a person specifically orders margarine it's prohibited to serve it as a substitute for butter.
- In Foxpoint it's illegal for dogs to bark profusely, snarl or make any menacing gestures.
- In St. Croix, women are not allowed to wear anything red in public
- In public theaters or places of amusement it's illegal to wear a hat that obstructs another persons view.
- It's illegal for women to stand any closer to the bar than 5 feet while drinking.
- It's illegal to tickle women.
| Share This Item: